Hi David,

Am Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:46:54 +0800
schrieb David Nelson <comme...@traduction.biz>:

> Hi Sebastian, :-)
>
> I'm getting instructions for Fedora Core at this moment, but I was
> wondering if you're also able to explain how to UNINSTALL the beta 2
> as well? (Me, I have beta 2 installed, and I'd like to install and
> test the beta 3... but how to get rid of the old installation first?)

AFAIK, you don't have to uninstall the old version, if you install a
newer one. For Windows, this does the installer automatically - it
checks if you have a previous version and uninstalls it first. For
Linux, if you use rpm, the command

rpm -Uvh *.rpm

the "U" stands for "Update", so it means, that previous versions get
uninstalled too.

IIRC, the Mandriva version "urpmi" does this too - I don't know for the
other Linux flavours.

I hope, this helps.

Sigrid