Michael,

Le Tue, 4 Jan 2011 00:28:58 +0930,
Michael Wheatland <mich...@wheatland.com.au> a écrit :

> On 03/01/2011 8:46 PM, "Charles-H. Schulz" <
> charles.sch...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Le Mon, 03 Jan 2011 10:58:18 -0000,
> > Zaphod Feeblejocks <zapho...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> > > Great work!
> >
> > While I do thank Michael for its great work I believe there's a
> > slight misunderstanding here: Michael's own exploratory work might
> > be used one day for the LibreOffice website, but it is at this
> > stage not considered for an "upgrade".
> >
> > best,
> > Charles.
> >

> > > zf
> > >

> > --
> > Charles-H. Schulz
> > Membre du Comité exécutif
> > The Document Foundation.
>
> Charles,
> Far from being 'my' exploration work, the majority of the website
> team has contributed towards this project after the Steering
> Committee discussion and the outcome of which, I am paraphrasing, to
> implement the Silverstripe CMS on Drupal.org with a view to go with
> Drupal long term.

"to implement the Silverstripe CMS on Drupal.org" does not seem to mean
anything to me. "With a view to go with Drupal" was rather: with the
possible option of Drupal in the long term.

> The progress made by many of the contributing members has been
> fantastic, and although I have been the most vocal of the website
> development team regarding the implementation of a community building
> and tooling site there are many other people who have done fantastic
> work.
>
> I will be applying to the Steering Committee soon to set a target
> date for implementation in order to focus the website team on a
> tangible goal.

Well there will be no target, I'm afraid.

> There does seem to be a little bit of misinformation out there
> regarding this SC decision, but it is quite clear if you listen to
> the decision outcome statement on the recording of the SC meeting.
>
> I am sure this will be clarified when the website team applies for a
> further decision on implementation.

"a little bit of misinformation", Michael, is perhaps your enthusiasm
leading to understand things the way you would like them to be :-). At
this stage, I don't believe we have any clear plans to move to Drupal;
there seems indeed to have been some early misunderstanding, but if you
wish the SC will clarify its position (again) .  But given that I'm a
member of the said SC, it might be useful to you to take my words into
account.

Best,
Charles.

--