The Mac App Store launched today with over 1,000 applications:
http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/

Its purpose is similar to Linux package managers, but much more consumer
focused, and I think it represents an enormous opportunity for LibO--how else
can we be listed right alongside MS Office and Apple iWork in front of the eyes
of millions of users? (Actually, I don't think MS Office is available there at
all--so we could beat them to it!)

And users who don't want to open their wallets will naturally download LibO
first to see if it works for them before buying something, which they might
never come back to do.

Does anyone know the technical requirements needed to get into the Mac App
Store? Are there any developers here who'd like to get involved in this process?

Strategically, I think the payoff will be huge.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)