> Why add another forum?  There is already a LibO Forum at
> http://libreofficeforum.org/forum .  The "Official" OOo Forum at
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/ not only supports OOo but
> off shoots such as Libo, NeoOffice and StarOffice.  The "Un-official"
> Forum at http://www.oooforum.org/ is the oldest and largest OOo related
> support forum around and has received LibO questions and answers in the
> past few months.

Hi Andy

You missed one - there is a new site wanting to offer LibreOffice
support

- one of the newer UX designs, which to me looks pretty much like taking
the most common mods I see at support oriented web forums and throwing
away most of the fluff - then tie it into a wiki/FAQ and voila much
different and I think better experience.

- you can see the type of site here:
http://ask.debian.net/

The new LO specific site I think is http://libreoffice.shapado.com

Anyway - I noticed the site a few days ago and the operators have
mentioned it on the lists, en and fr a few times.

Some will not want forums no matter what, for their own reasons and I
would not be so bold as to guess why. Some still want more cake.

Anyway - you are correct that for the moment the applications are close
enough that any of the existing sites can give reasonable help, that
will change quickly I think.

Best wishes,

Drew