If they are considering pulling the plug on the OOo line they would be on our side. I think its worth a shot in my honest opinion.

On 01/13/2011 01:19 PM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Hey Jonathan,

1) Sigrid is right, we would need to ask for Oracle to relicense.
2) The new, non-Oracle patches are however licensed under a dual (L)GPL
v3 + (note the + which allows us to upgrade) and MPL + as we found we
had several code lines written under that license inside the existing
OOo code.
3) would Oracle object to it? I'm not Oracle and can't speak for them,
but I don't think they're our best friends for life... :-) More
seriously, why would they want to help us ?

Best,
Charles.

Le Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:51:52 +0100,