On 24/01/11 13:14, Jaime R. Garza wrote:
> Obviously if I have a stable version installed, I don't expect to be
> notified for RCs, but if I have an RC version installed I would expect to be
> notified for any new versions.

Something akin to Mozilla's release, beta and nightly update channels
should prove useful. LibreOffice could certainly learn a few things from
Mozilla's approach to automatic updates and/or add-on discovery and
installation.

--
"The only demand that property recognizes, is its own gluttonous
appetite for greater wealth, because wealth means power; the power to

        -- Emma Goldman, Anarchism & Other Essays (1910)