OK, it feels like I've created the never-ending story here.  After thinking
about possible comments over breakfast, I've come to the conclusion that there
is no way I can write the intended message on the OOo list without breaching
Bernhard's desire not to rile former colleagues.  They must be feeling unsecure
enough after Oracle's press release.  So I've decided, regretfully, that
there's nothing I can do.

However, one thing I do think is extremely interesting is that no-one has yet
answered the OPs message on the list, notwithstanding that it has been up for
16 hours.  This kind of simple question usually gets a number of swift replies
within a matter of an hour or so, particularly from people who want to take
part in the community but perhaps don't think they have the technical
competence to contribute in that way.  So perhaps the community over on OOo is
feeling a little bruised and deserted after Oracle's announcement.

//James