2011/6/5 Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>

There is a third option. That is that something you believe in needs
> something else you don't believe in in order to be achieved.  It leaves a
> dilemma. Some people switched a stance of anti-nuclear power because now
> they believe it's better than CO2 emissions. It's not that they are
> suddenly
> pro-nuclear. My position is that an open ODF file format ubiquitously
> proliferated is the top prize. If that means using some licenses that are
> less than ideal from a philosophy point of view then so be it.

Indeed, the more applications support ODF, the better is for the diffusion
of the standard.

It seems you imply with your statement that the only solution for TDF (or
Apache OOo) in order to avoid market irrelevance is to unite forces and, for
copyleft supporters, to bear a different and less palatable license.

Maybe you're right, but maybe diversity is instead the right answer against
market irrelevance.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: