Hi all,

I just wanted to bring an "FYI" that the Apache Incubator has begun
its voting process on accepting the OO.o proposal to become a
"podling" within the Incubator. At the moment, it appears to be
passing by a huge margin, with only two dissenting votes[1] at this
time.

The Apache process recognizes two types of votes:

* "binding" votes are from those who have a recognized ability to
participate in the process. These votes are the ones which will be
counted.

* "non-binding" votes are from other participants in the conversation.
Their "votes" are allowed as a measure and gauge over the broader
community opinion, even though they will not actually be tallied in
the final ballot.

If you wish to make your voice heard, then I would encourage you to
respond to the [VOTE] thread on gene...@incubator.apache.org (I would
think gmane[2] is your best way to respond to the thread without
having to actually subscribe).

Cheers,
-g

[1] the dissenting votes are non-binding, fwiw
[2] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.general/29904

ps. my advance apologies if you feel this post is inappropriate for
these two TDF forums. I felt obliged to include you all in this
process, though I do understand that it may not be welcome.