Hi,

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 09:40:43AM +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 10/06/11 18:46, Cor Nouws a écrit :
>
> > When creating a new Database, connecting to an existing one, you can
> > choose Adabas DB...
> > So I guess the code has to do with that?
>
> Well I eventually managed to find a free download of Adabas D for Linux.
> The setup is not trivial, even for an individual user (involves setting
> up a root account for the db admin, and a separate group, to which all
> Adabas users need to be added), and I wonder how many individual users
> would actually go to the trouble of installing it now on their personal
> computer ?

Not many, I fear. Most of the user-oriented discussions Adabas D discussions
I found on Google were from before 2004.

Where did you find your download copy ? Is it recent ?
I had a look at the official website here :
http://www.softwareag.com/Corporate/products/adabas/rela_3rd_prod/adad/default.asp
and there's no download link.

The "Download free Adabas D license (Personal Edition)" text is just that, text.

I had a look at the "request a commercial license" form; the most recent
operating system in the list is Windows Server 2003. At least one (Tru64) has
been abandonned for years ...

--
Francois Tigeot