Le 2011-06-24 13:13, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
Hello,

Le Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:48:54 -0700 (PDT),
plino<pedl...@gmail.com>  a écrit :

I really hope that revision 1.2 allows for font embedding in ODF
documents.

IMO that is a (the?) major obstacle for sharing documents with other
users.

So, let me state and restate this : ODF will not embed fonts in the
1.2, 1.3, nor in the future, because the format is not meant to focus on
faithful layout rendering. Instead, PDF is meant that. ODF focuses on
office document exchanges.

Best,

Charles.

Thanks for the information. It sounds like this has already been taken up with OASIS and it has arrived at a consensus to not embed fonts in any version.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré