I am just a user, but have been using Oo for 3-4 years & now libO. The
biggest issue I face is when I forget to save a file to doc format
before emailing it to somebody who uses MS Off.

I end up having to resend it in doc format.

I try to avoid this by telling my associates to get libO, so that we
would not have these conversion probs. Many do not due to either size
(& of course, they already have MS Off) or due to company policy.

The size segment can be done away with a reader that is low size (&
maybe advertises free libO in splash screen) AND can resave in doc
format, if the user wants to edit the document on MS Off.

Such a reader, especially if it opens multiple formats, would be a
handy utility many would adopt, especially users who regularly
correspond with libO users but do not wish to move over to it fully.

As an awareness exercise, its beyond par.