Hi Terrence,

Terrence Enger schrieb:
On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 14:43 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
[snip]

In the build from master (Build ID: 117281b-4eb4f62-260b7c1), on Ubuntu
too, that I have, Macro security works fine.

No idea if the problem is a local one (your build) an older or newer
version than I have, or...

Around 19:22 UTC yesterday I did `git pull`, and the build
just finished.  My autogen.lastrun contains ...
     --with-linked-git=/home/terry/lo_hacking/git/libo/clone
     --with-external-tar=/home/terry/lo_hacking/git/libo/src
     --disable-mozilla
     --enable-symbols
     --enable-dbgutil
     --enable-crashdump
     --disable-build-mozilla
     --without-junit
and the program identifies itself in the About dialog as ...
     LibreOffice 3.5.0
     Build ID: c305f3c-4eb4f62-260b7c1

The button "MacroSecurity..." still fails to bring up the
dialog that I expect.

I don't know, why it fails, likely a problem with Java. But if you need macros, you can set the value directly. Make a backup of your registrymodificaitions.xcu. Then edit it. In path /org.openoffice.Office.Common/Security/Scripting set property MacroSecrityLevel to 1, that is "medium", which means, that you are prompt.

Kind regards
Regina