On 9/10/11 12:25 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 05:31:50AM -0600, Ken Springer wrote:

            ..........snip.........

At this point, this add-on would seem to eliminate the need of
trimming, too.

Of course that would screw non-TB users.

Not all of them.  And look at the number of untrimmed posts anyway.  :-)

I wasn't necessarily saying people should stop trimming altogether, it can still be useful. But it would eliminate the writer's quandary of should I trim this or should I not?

And, there's nothing to stop users who have software that doesn't collapse a quote from looking around to find software that does. I would think there are dedicated newsgroup reading software that has this feature.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 6.0.2