On 9/12/11 2:10 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2011-09-10 7:31 AM, Ken Springer <snowsh...@q.com> wrote:
At this point, this add-on would seem to eliminate the need of trimming,
too.

No, no, NO... trimming should still be required.

All QuoteCollapse does is spare me a lot of pain when I encounter morons
who refuse to trim posts...

The inherent problem with trimming is the danger of a message being trimmed to the point where the point of the conversation is lost, or the meaning of the conversation has changed.

Another problem is when a new viewer comes to the conversation somewhere in the middle. Instead of having *all* of the conversation available to view in a single window, the new viewer now has to sort back though all the reference messages and try to keep track of which message comes first.

I would rather have them available in one place, rather than scattered all over the place. :-)

FYI, I see no reason to call someone a moron because you don't like the way another person replies to a message. :-)

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 6.0.2