Hi all,

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:55:00 +0200
Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michael...@canonical.com> wrote:

> What will I be doing, should I get elected?
>
> TDF and the Libreoffice project have already come a long way since
> their birth less than a year ago. As a developer I will represent
> that part of the community, but I will also try to help grow the
> channels of communication between developers and other parts of the
> project. Being responsible for the complete product on the Ubuntu
> platform, I firmly believe all parts of the project are not only
> important, but also need a shared vision of what needs to be
> accomplished to create an even better product.

As it is always hard to put such abstract topics down in a few
sentences, the above is just a short overview. However, just two days
ago, somebody who I highly regard for his skills in open source software
project management put in words most of what I was trying to say -- as
bluntly as usual.

Here is the interview (with Linus Torvalds):

http://h30565.www3.hp.com/t5/Feature-Articles/Linus-Torvalds-s-Lessons-on-Software-Development-Management/ba-p/440

Best,

Bjoern

--