On Thursday 08 December 2011 07:50, Marc Paré wrote:
> Le 2011-12-07 12:58, Terrence Enger a écrit :
[snip]

> > Presumably the implementation of whatever is chosen will
> > allow copying.  The suggesion here is that we may get
> > easier-to-read reports by making it easy for people to copy
> > the same stuff the same way.
> >
> > Terry.
>
> Why not just make it automatic by having a "Submit bug" button
> somewhere and it would already fill in all of the identifying
> fields without the user having to fill them out. This would make
> sure the devs get the right information on the bug submissions all
> the time and the button would be programmed right into the
> software. Probably the best place to put it would be in the "About"
> menu.

Traditionally i understand reporting a bug is not an easy one step
process. This to:

 * Prevent frivolous bugs - "I can't find "File - Page Layout".

 * Prevent duplications, which happen anyway partly due to many
terminologies that people employ. (Lost track of how often i've heard
people call a system box a hard drive).

******

Why not add this to "Insert - Field" as "Insert - Field - Program
Version" and "Insert - Field - ODF Version".

--
Michael