Hi all,

I came in a discussion with a core member of another OpenSource community
(Plone)
across the topic of collecting money for members that want to attend at a
Conference
or a Sprint (we call that Hackfest) and give there a presentation or work with
others
on a topic. She told me that the member runs a ChipIn then and regularly get
the
needed travel expenses.

Yesterday I read about such a sucessfull chipin. A member want to attend the
Plone
conference in San Francisco and give a presentation:
http://www.martinaspeli.net/articles/plone-the-generous-community
and the site to collect money for this travel:
http://frapell.chipin.com/go-to-ploneconf

You could read about the idea and conditions at:
http://frapell.chipin.com/go-to-ploneconf

Maybe this could be a way to get more member / contributors from outside Europe
our next conference and give a presentation there or participate in the event
(or if
Europeans want to participate in an event or LibreOffice conference / Hackfest
outside Europe).

Opinions?

Regards,
Andreas