To LibreOffice,

http://winsupersite.com/office/apples-iwork-foibles-should-be-warning-microsoft

I read an article I found on the web in regards to the new IWORK 2013 suite,
which Apple released last week for free to any consumer who purchases a new
Apple mac or iOS device.

The articles states from a point of view, that Apple had removed features from
its previous version desktop office suite to incorporate simplicity and
features that were on the same level as its software that it had created on its
iOS devices platform and its web apps platform on the internet. The journalist
stated in the article that it was a “dumb down approach” towards its previous
version of desktop applications and Microsoft Office on the Mac and PC.

After reading some of the comments from the article it got me thinking as to
how this approach effects Free Office Suites and in particular LibreOffice.

I watched a stream from LibreOffice Conference 2013, that was related to
running LO on the iOS platform, and on mobile devices.

1. Would LibreOffice remove features in its full desktop suite, if it created a
mobile version with less features?
2. Is iWork a threat to free office suites in terms of features, compatibility
and free office suites in general?
3. (maybe not related to LO. I may have to ask this question somewhere else.)
Why doesn’t Apple iWork suite have Open Document Format Support? (Apart from
being a proprietary product.) And i know apple provide textedit as a
replacement, so it is not like they don’t know what ODF is.

ljelly.