I've been doing a bunch of testing on 3.2 really trying to stress it hard. I'm afraid I simply cannot reproduce these issues. The odd thing is that basically very little has changed in the connection side of things, so this has got me beat at the moment.

I have seen the "unable to create new processes" thing come up occasionally though and am considering some workarounds. In the mean time, you could try increasing the maximum number of processes allowed by the system using sysctl:

To show the current limit:
% sysctl kern.maxproc
To change the limit:
% sudo sysctl -w kern.maxproc=1000

And on my end I'll look into setrlimit and alternative ways to invoke processes (perhaps akin to Apache or Squid).

Regards,
Heath
|   Heath Raftery    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             |
|   HRSoftWorks      <http://www.hrsoftworks.net>        |
|   *There's nothing like a depressant to cheer you up*  |
|                       - Heard at Moe's Tavern          |