Subject: [marcon] OpenOffice.org
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:16:02 -0500
From: Louis Suarez-Potts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <dev@marketing.openoffice.org>, Simon Phipps
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: council <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

All,

OpenOffice.org is very pleased to announce that through the pro-bono
work of the Law Firm of Oppedahl & Olson, LLP, we have received
trademark protection in the US and we can now use OpenOffice.org .
You know, OpenOffice.org with the registered trademark symbol. Of
course, the symbol should only be used for official communication and
at that, sparingly--but informatively. The trademark protection will
help us in several areas, such as with CDROM and other distribution
problems. Today's announcement regarding OpenOffice.org 2.0.2 is the
first to use the official  .

Our thanks to Carl Oppedahl and his team for making this possible!
Team OpenOffice.org and I acted on behalf of OpenOffice.org. We
followed the repeatedly expressed wishes of the community and also
common sense.

As mentioned, the trademark protection extends for right now just to
the United States, though we are pursuing international trademark
protection. We have acted on this--getting OpenOffice.org
trademarked--with some discretion because we didn't want to broadcast
our vulnerabilities too much.

The history of OOo's trademark is long and varied. We've sometimes
had it, sometimes not. In countries like Brazil, we do not evidently
have it, and as a consequence, the Brazilian group have had to
distribute OOo under a different name. Let's see to it that such
unfortunate situations do not occur again.

Cheers,

Louis
---///---

簡単に三文くらいで訳すと、