> I wasn't suggesting it wasn't possible... however from a management
> point of view it's far more pleasing, IMHO, to have just one instance.
> If you start dotting them around external files as well you're going
> to end up in a real pickle.

Maybe you are right. On the other hand I like to have all in one place
(hey gilles ;-)).

Say you want to refactor the name of one function or you want to add
another parameter. You would have to go to two files to edit. Hm, that's
exactly the same you are talking about, just another case...

Actually I took it always for a benefit of all the addEvent functions,
that I did not need to put everything into one single init function and
be able to simply add an event without overwriting existing ones. I
think the init function is kind of legacy style from the times when
everything went into the body's onload attribute - just my 2 $.

-- Klaus