Hi list,

After converting a drop-down menu script to jquery, our designer
pointed out that the menu was no longer working under Safari.

I have tracked this down to the use of "show()" which, while it works
perfectly under Firefox and Opera, does not seem to do anything under
Safari. It does work when called as "show('fast')" or similar,
however the animation effects are not desired.

The best compromise I can come up with is to call it with a value of
1, however it still leads to a short delay before the menu displays,
where it should display immediately.

Are there any work-arounds for this, or is it just something else
Safari does badly?

Thanks in advance,
Duncan