From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Resig
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 4:53 PM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: Re: [jQuery] Running jQuery when already have $() from prototype

> "Prototype Support Plugin"
>
> I think this means that this is a know issue, and will be dealt with
> someday, but again, I am unsure.
>
> I do hope that it will be dealt with, as this would save ME a whole bunch
of
> recoding in the next few days.
>
> Am I way off base here? Wouldn't be the first time.

Nope, you're spot on. I'm working to spin off Prototype backwards
compatibility support into a separate plugin, that way you can use it
to receive compatible Prototype support until your "transition" (You
are transitioning... right? ;-P) is complete. This is a big priority
right now, I should have it ready soon. (Next couple days)

--John