I think I found the error... don't know if it's a bug in my styling or
an error in jQuery though, perhaps somebody else could shine some light
on this.

I found out that whenever I use animate the div which is animated
inherits the opacity of the parent div, even if the animated div has a
different opacity setting. I would suspect that this is a bug since it
should not (at least not to my knowledge) overwrite the set opacity
setting - please comment on this

Regrads
Jimmy