Chris Ovenden wrote:
> John's plugin solution sounds eminently sensible, but if you really
> are worried about code bloat you could use a conditional comment to
> hide jQuery from those browsers altogether. If you're doing proper
> unobtrusive javascript your site should still work without it.
The point is, if I work without jQuery, my site will work with all its
features enabled on the old and buggy IE5.  It's not that IE5 doesn't
support what I want to do, it's just that jQuery doesn't.  And I would
*really* like to use jQuery cause it will make my job a lot easier and I
simply love it.