Hi,

> You could use a canvas element create one and import the image into it
> and then roate that.
>
> Pure javascript but not easily supported in all borwers... Ok IE.

Well in browsers without canvas you could look for data-url-support and if
that fails there is still the possibility of a java applet.

All of these possibilities are not too easy to implement. I have tried to make
a cross-platform getPixel/setPixel API. I was not successful, because
manipulating Base64 encoded true-color-PNGs on the fly is not so easy. I
ended up with just a java applet that does all the work now - not really
beautyful, but works.

Christof