Mike Alsup schrieb:
> My personal preference would be to move the form plugin methods into
> core, remove core's existing serialize method and introduce a
> "serializeToString" (or something like that) that has a string return
> type in the form of "name=value&name=value".  All this would increase
> the size of core, but only by 2k before packing.
>
> I'd love to hear opinions on this.

I think that would be a good idea. For the ones who currently use core +
form, the file size would be reduced. And it would be much easier to use
for all those who simply haven't heard, or rather, read, about the form
plugin.

Rey Bango schrieb:
> I would *not* want the other serialization methods
> removed as this effectively prevents people from upgrading if they've
> taken advantage of an existing method. EasyDOM already feel prey to this
> and won't work with JQuery v1.0.1.

Currently both serialize methods have the same signature, but different
return types. I guess it would be less pain to keep the old serialize
like it this and rename the form serialize. On the other hand, it would
be less confusing to have a serialize() and serializeAsString() or
serializeQuery(). Or maybe serialize() - returns an array, and
serialize('&') - returns the form as a string joined with an ampersand.
I'd prefer a solution that works in a long term. As long as this is
introduced with a major release with proper release notes, it shouldn't
be a big problem to upgrade.

-- Jörn