On 9/25/06, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The recent increase in questions about form serialization and form
> submission makes me wonder the following about why the form plugin is
> not used more:
>
> 1.  Is it not meeting your needs?

Not too much.

> 2.  Did you not know it exists?

Yeah.

> 3.  Do you prefer not to use plugins?

No, I'd like to.

> 4.  Something else?
>
> I also wonder if its 3 methods should just be added to core.  It's
> been pointed out that core's serialize method is somewhat lacking.

Yeah, I think so. You can see this thread:
http://jquery.com/discuss/2006-September/012200/

> The form plugin's serialize method handles every case that I've seen
> questioned on this list.  Unfortunately, the two serialize methods
> differ in their return types which probably adds more confusion.  But
> rather than beef up core's serialize method why not converge the two
> now and eliminate this confusion?

I don't see there is something deal with multiple-select situation in
forms.js. And serialize( ) in form.js, you return a hash value, and
this will only hold one value if the input element has the same name.
So I'd like your below idea "introduce a serializeToString", and I
think it's better. But in my thread I also point that param() method
in jQuery core will only receive jQuery object or hash, but not a
string at all. And I think param() method should also be changed.

If these things also can be merged in form.js, I think I'll use it.

Just some personal opinions.

--
I like python!
UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/UliPad