Nice anecdote.

You can check out a demo here:

http://www.visualjquery.com/plugins/animate.html

-- Yehuda

On 9/25/06, Michael Geary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: Yehuda Katz
>
> In my editInPlace script, I do:
>
> $(editable).animate({opacity: .5}, "normal", function()
{$(editable).animate({opacity: 1}, "normal")});

> which results in a slow emphasis. I think it works better than
> the yellow-fade for emphasizing success of an update.
>
> What do you guys think?

A friend once asked me, "Can you taste a recipe?" I thought she had cooked
some new dish, but then she handed me a cookbook. She meant it literally:
Could I read the recipe and imagine what it would taste like, to tell if it
was worth cooking or not? After many years of cooking, I discovered that I
actually *could* taste the recipe.

Sometimes I can do that with code, but my tasting skills are failing me this
morning. So I think I'd have to see this in action to know what I thought of
it.

So... Do you have a demo page to take a look at? :-)

One caveat does come to mind: Is there text with a transparent background in
the element that you are fading in? That could give you grief on systems
with anti-aliasing.

-Mike

Yehuda Katz
Web Developer | Wycats Designs