for the jQ soultuon :
1 class to mention which plugin will handle the  validations
1 or more other classes as defined in that plugin
we bind early on all fields that have the 'plugin' class, then we can
easily handle flipping from US-phone-number to UK-phone-number.. etc!

how the formats are defined is...... pure jQ magic! functions,
regexps, whatever!!!

This is sorely needed.... I am tired of doing it 'my way', I look
forward to doing it the jQ way.

Jake

On 9/28/06, Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think that people are going to want more flexibility in terms of what
> they want to validate.  It would be great to include very common
> shortcuts, like "us-phone-number", "credit-card-number", or
> "email-address".  But, we can't predict what everyone's data will look
> like.  There must be a way to provide custom formats.
>
> - Brian
>

> > What about when you want to change some aspect of the mask? Say, the
> > phone number mask now needs to handle international numbers as well.
> > Why not separate the mask from the class name like this:
> >
> > <label for="foo" class="validate phoneNum"></label>
> > <input name="foo" id="foo" type="text" />
> >
> > And put the mask in the jQuery code?
> >
> > --
> > Tim

Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ