> I don't think this is a big problem, we can just rename the form's
> serialize method to formSerialize or something like that.  It's
> unfortunate that two methods of the same name exist and it's better to
> fix it now than to perpetuate it.  I think the real question is
> whether or not to add another 2K to core.

I think form.js's .serialize() should supercede the serialize() in
ajax.js. It's all around a better plugin. If we're serious about
merging jQuery and the form plugin, then the better one should go
first.

As far as adding weight to core, I don't think we should. Instead, I
think the "download" mechanism should be improved to include the most
popular plugins (like Interface, Forms, and Dimensions).

If anything, I think the meat of jQuery should be getting smaller.

--John