Hi John and Sam!

> > If anything, I think the meat of jQuery should be getting smaller.
>
> Core could be leaner, but what do you take out (perhaps XPath)? Also I
> have noticed that when you do 'configure your download' you get the
> old version (pre 1.0), dated May 12th.

You could extract all form selecting and manipulating out of the core into a
single plugin, any maybe merge it with the current form plugin. Planned
features like the single-boolean-value-methods for checked etc. could be added
there. Selectors like :input, :checked could be moved, too.

The problem I see with this attempt: Most pages have a least a small search
form somewhere, maybe and login form, too. Is it worthwhile to extract the form
capabalities and then just force everyone to include the extracted module
anyway?

Anyway, I'd like to split the current src/jquery.js file into smaller chunks:
It's quite annyoing to scroll through that file, searching for certain methods.
Maybe parts of the inline documentation and test could be moved to their own
files, too. Or everything css/styles related.

Splitting the code base could make it easier to identify code that is
independent of certain other chunks.

-- Jörn
--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl