On 10/13/06, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Great question, Aaron,
The ":input" selector will grab all elements and then filter them
using a regex match of the nodeName against
"input|select|textarea|button".  On the other hand, the
"input,textarea,select,button" selector will grab only those elements
(using getElementsByTagName I believe) and it will grab them *in that
order*.  So the first _expression_ guarantees us semantic ordering of
the selected elements but is slower due to the regex matching.

I thought it might have been something like that -- and yes, as far as I could tell, jQuery uses getElementsByTagName for "input,textarea,select,button"

Thanks alot,
Aaron