John Resig schrieb:
>> jQuery.fn.pluginMethod = function(options) {
>> var settings = $.extend({
>> stuff: [5, 3, 6, 1],
>> name: "pete",
>> speed: 5
>> }, options || {});
>> // other plugin code
>> };
>>
>> So far this is the shortest way to write that particular snippet, and
>> I'd like to see it in your plugins :-)
>
> And this is even shorter, plus there's one less variable being defined:
>
> jQuery.fn.pluginMethod = function(settings) {
> settings = jQuery.extend({
> // stuff....
> }, settings);
> };
>
> As noted previously - make sure that you use jQuery.extend() instead
> of $.extend().
>
>> Credits for the options || {} idea go to Franck Marcia.
>
> Having to do that is no longer needed in SVN - I added a catch to see
> if a null or undefined value was being passed in and handled it
> gracefully.
>
> --John
This is cool, but as plugin developer I cannot assume the latest jQuery
SVN version, right?
-- Klaus
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/