Mike Alsup wrote:
>> I'd like to point to a small change I made recently to the jQuery
>> Plugins Authoring article, for all those who take others code as
>> reference. The "reference code" to define defaults and parse options now
>> looks like this:
> 
> I like this push for consistency.  Does it make sense to do this now
> for the 1.0.3 release or wait for 1.1?  Specifically, I'm thinking of
> the form plugin.
> 
> Mike

My two cents, is stablize 1.0 so existing apps have a good reliable 
platform to deploy and maintain against. Then make api changes at 1.1. 
Plugins should be required to check if the version of jQuery is 
compatible with them.

I agree with Mike on the push for consistency.
I also like the push toward modularity which can only help long term 
with respect to quality and reusability, etc.

I also really like the idea of jquery-debug.js or 
jquery-junior-developer-edition.js versions.

Great ideas and excellent work guys.

-Steve

_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to