Steven Wittens schrieb:
> However, I think we do need to look at actual jQuery use here, as
> this is all about convenience. In my own jQuery code (which I'll
> admit is not that fancy), I mostly use jQuery objects to bind event
> handlers. When I change CSS or DOM properties, it is almost always
> within the context of each(), so that I can just use 'this'. Most of
> my event handlers are anonymous functions which are really hard to
> unbind anyway. For CSS, I've never really found .css() to be
> cumbersome (I usually change CSS styles in groups anyway).
>
> It might be useful to look at a bunch of plug-ins and other jQuery-
> using code and look at which methods are actually used the most.

Right, it's all about convenience! I guess click() is the most used
event, but removing events is hardly used. In the rare cases, unbind()
should quite suffice.

Anyway, looking at lots of code would be even better to check which
methods are really used a lot.

Is there some way to intercept method calls to create usage statistics?

-- Jörn