John Resig schrieb:
> Hi Mike -
>
>> What I meant was, as an "official" plugin are you required to play by
>> the same rules as jQuery itself where API changes are reserved for
>> major releases?
>
> Until a specific plugin is physically bundled with jQuery directly -
> then you're free to run your own versioning and make your own API
> changes.
>
> Honestly, for the forms and tabs plugins, there shouldn't be many
> features removed (since people are actively using them), but adding
> features is still "fair game" (IMO).

Sure! The change I made is really only a little one and won't even break
existing scripts, except for not showing the correct initial tab and the
first one instead.

For that reason I will add documentation soon, so that developers won't
  get headache over that.

Sooner or later that usage is deprecated anyway, because whenever you
want to highlight a certain tab, you just need to put the appropriate
hash into the url of the page.

-- Klaus