Weird ... I wrote this email but never sent it :/

I've run it through the test suite and it doesn't affect anything else
but I think Jorn had some tests specific to this bug that need to be
added back in ... so it is probably best to wait for him to commit
this fix to SVN.

--
Brandon Aaron

On 11/4/06, Dave Methvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Okay, this version doesn't error out at least:
>
> http://methvin.com/junk/jquery-xml-bug.html?patched
>
> The fix is to change this line of attr() :
>
> Old:
>   } else if ( elem.getAttribute != undefined && elem.tagName ) { // IE
> elem.getAttribute passes even for style
>
> New:
>
>   } else if ( typeof(elem.getAttribute) != "undefined" && elem.tagName ) {
> \
>
> I think IE  is trying to _call_ elem.getAttribute for some reason, must be a
> bug in the COM typelib for the XML control.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
> Behalf Of Brandon Aaron
> Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 1:01 PM
> To: jQuery Discussion.
> Subject: Re: [jQuery] [Fwd: jquery bug 164]
>
> On 11/4/06, Brandon Aaron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is interesting. These both fail for me ...
> > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322;
> > .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
>
> I should also mention it fails with the line #722 'Wrong number of arguments
> or invalid property assignment' in both IE6 and IE7.
>
> --
> Brandon Aaron
>
> _______________________________________________
> jQuery mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://jquery.com/discuss/
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> jQuery mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://jquery.com/discuss/
>

_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/

Reply via email to