I could do that. I'll post it when I'm done.
Chris
Rey Bango wrote:
Chris, don't sell yourself short bud. Your CF-specific code, especially
the JSon stuff would be a great basis for a tutorial. Since you and I
have really been pushing jQuery to the CF community, that type of code
sample would be a big help in getting CF developers up to speed in jQuery.
It'd be awesome if you could whip up a demo of pulling data from CF and
converting it to JSon format for manipulation via jQuery.
Rey..
Christopher Jordan wrote:
I have to agree that more examples of coding practices would be
extremely helpful. I've got some jQuery stuff workin' on my app., but
I'm almost positive, that I'm missing out on some of the real power that
the library offers. It's probably because I come from a procedural
programing background, and objects still (sometimes) get the better of me.
I'd offer to help, but I think I'd just be in the way. :o) I'm rather
hoping that something like this comes together, and I can benefit from
it -- okay so I'm selfish... :op
Chris
Rey Bango wrote:
Hi Paul,
This is the type of stuff that I think would be SSSSOOO helpful in a
tutorial or demo page. Like a best practices type of thing. I recently
spent a lot of time talking to John about how to get the project more
exposure and one of the things we threw out was getting more examples of
coding practices on the site.
Would you mind terribly jotting down some of these examples? I think
they'd really help new users transition to jQuery.
Let me know.
Rey...
Paul Bakaus wrote:
Sure Rey ;-)
Maybe my email was a bit too enthusiastic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not
talking about the script itself, of course it has some problems and
drawbacks and whatelse. And I really like the way of jQuery animating
styles.
It's all about the method.
Having a div-element with a certain style, then the jQuery way could be
like this:
1.) $("#mydiv").animateStyle("background-color: #eee; border: 1px solid
black; opacity: 0.5;");
->If only one param given, this function animates from the current style
of the element, to the one given into the function.
2) $("#mydiv").animateStyle(old, new);
->animate from one style to the second
but now my own killer feature :D
3.) $("#mydiv").animateClass(oldClass, newClass); -or-
$("#mydiv").animateClass(newClass);
->So you change the class of the object, but you animate the change.
Waiting for comments!
2006/11/6, Rey Bango <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
If all the animation features are in jQuery standalone, then I'm onboard
with Dan.
What would be good, though, is if a page showing this being done in
jQuery was created. Paul, are you up for that challenge? :o)
Rey...
> Paul Bakaus wrote:
>
>>Hey guys,
>>
>>has someone seen this at ajaxian? Check it out:
>>http://berniecode.com/writing/animator.html
<http://berniecode.com/writing/animator.html>
>>This is probably the most sexiest animate lib I've ever seen in
my life.
>>Porting this to jQuery would be the PERFECT addition to jQuery's css
>>parsing
>>possiblities.
>>
>>What do you think?
>>
>>--
>>Paul Bakaus
>>Web Developer
>>------------------------
>>Hildastr. 35
>>79102 Freiburg
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>jQuery mailing list
>>[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
>>http://jquery.com/discuss/
>>
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
http://jquery.com/discuss/
--
Paul Bakaus
Web Developer
------------------------
Hildastr. 35
79102 Freiburg
------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/
|
_______________________________________________
jQuery mailing list
[email protected]
http://jquery.com/discuss/