Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:
> Klaus Hartl schrieb:
>> Jörn Zaefferer schrieb:
>>
>>> @Klaus: I think it would be pretty easy to modify the tab's plugin to
>>> use the same event. As you may notice, my usage for activate has some
>>> small differences. I prefer a zero-based index as most programmers are
>>> used to that anyway. I hope you can reuse some of the ideas from the
>>> accordion, because I got a lot of inspiration from your tabs :-)
>>>
>> glad to hear! I chose a non-zero based index to make Tabs usage as easy
>> as possible even for non-programmers. Your trigger function became much
>> shorter than mine ;-)
>>
>> I will have a look into that custom event thing - interesting!
>>
> It would be nice to synchronize them. The activate method can be exactly
> the same for both, as long as the binding is different. As your plugin
> has way more users, I'd change my implementation to a non-zero based index.
>
> It should be no deal to modify the docs for activate to be more generic.
> The code is small enough to keep it in both plugins: If someone uses
> only one, activate is at hand, if he uses both, one activate gets
> overwritten and the other still works for both.

My activate function is based on changing the hash of the page's URL to
support bookmarking and history. Does the accordion do the same already?

Would be cool, because then if together used with my history plugin it
would support history as well. You could auto-detect its presence like
in Tabs...

-- Klaus