Every Java/PHP/etc developer I have ever met hates interaction with the DOM
via javascript, mostly because each browser has it's quirks and things in
the JavaScript/DOM interaction don't work as consistently as say type
casting a variable in Java/PHP - when you write public String myVar = "my
value"; it always works, when you want to position a positioned, nested,
floated, absolutely positioned element for a menu via JavaScript/DOM ... you
see what I mean :).

I guess what Mochi could say to be more accurate is "Makes interacting with
the client side suck less", but I guess substituting JavaScript makes more
sense to a broader audience?