> I liked Dave's (or was it Dan - cannot find it anymore)
> quite recent quote. Something like:
>
> jQuery - makes JavaScript as short as if it read your mind.

It was this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/Change-href-of-external-links-tf2718387.html#a7627703

"You start with 10 lines of jQuery that would have been 20 lines of
tedious DOM Javascript. By the time you are done it's down to two or
three lines and it couldn't get any shorter unless it read your mind."

The brevity of jQuery is definitely an important point. I wouldn't emphasize
$() anything because so many frameworks use it nowadays. The method chaining
is the difference that makes jQuery so powerful.