Agreed, Klaus ... but Sam's not trying to get around it ;-)

He just wants alternate content to show when flash is blocked, rather than the
big ugly 'click
to play the flash movie' placeholder that FlashBlock stuffs in.

FWIW, I think FlashBlock is pretty silly...

Luke

Klaus Hartl wrote:
> Sam Sherlock schrieb:
>> I have noticed that the flash plugin does not work with the flashBlock
>> firefox extension
>> whereas the both swfObject, UFO & sIFR do work with the extension.
>>
>> In firefox with flashBlock installed and blocking flash content the
>> flash is not displayed
>> nor is the content that it replaces.
>>
>> I have looked at the source but its a bit beyond me.  Would this be
>> complicated to
>> build into the plugin?
>
> My €0.02: If a user uses flashbock he actually *wants* to block flash,
> so why should one try to get around this? Why pissing off the user?
>

> -- Klaus

zinc Roe Design
www.zincroe.com
(647) 477-6016