*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Christopher Jordan
*Sent:* Thursday, January 04, 2007 6:15 PM
*To:* jQuery Discussion.
*Subject:* [jQuery] setting an attribute... I *thought* this was how to doit...

Hi folks,

I've got another simple question. Is this not how you set an element's attribute?
[from inside an .each()]

$(this).attr("AttributeName", "Value");

I thought that worked... I thought it had worked for me in the past.

Is there any reason that this wouldn't work:

var i = 1;
$("div.OrderEntryListRow").not(".Selected").each(function(){
    alert("before: " + $(this).attr("ID"));
    $(this).attr("ID", "Row_" + i);
    alert("after: " + $(this).attr("ID"));
    i++;
});

In this sample code above, the before and after alerts are identical. Is there something else I'm missing?

I think I've got the above idea correct, but wanted to get some different eyes to look at it with me.

Thanks,
Chris
--
http://www.cjordan.info