jQuery wraps one or more elements into what is called a jQuery object.
Then you can use jQuery methods like .addClass() to add a class to the
elements in the jQuery object. If you need to access the actual DOM
node you can do this:

var tblObj = $('#allProjects').get(0);

or you can also do it this way:

var tblObj = $('#allProjects')[0];

This will give you the first matched element in the jQuery object.

--
Brandon Aaron