Hi Matt,

> It seems that the library has heavy emphasis on the selectSomething in its
> core, and depends a lot on plugins for the doSomething part. I can forsee
> writing my own "jQuery++" or whatever that adds a lot more functionality
> that I consider to be "core" rather than depending on multiple plugins.
> Is there a better official form plugin? The one listed is weak for basic
> form functions, so I plan to adapt my own form functions into jQuery style
> and make it a plugin. I can't live without isChanged() on form fields!
> I really don't like the idea of forking jQuery, but I'd much rather have

Hopefully you'll create an extension to the jQuery core that would
encompass this enhanced functionality before forking a very solid
project. Its really important to the team that we offer a consistent
experience for all jQuery users and to date, the jQuery project has been
extremely successful because of the wealth of community contributions
that developers have submitted in the form of extensions and plugins.
We're definitely looking forward to your contributions.

I think I speak for most jQuery developers, though, in that I sleep well
knowing that the core is being well managed and maintained by the jQuery
project development team. They're some of the best developers out there.

> emphasis on the opposite end. Or maybe not. jQuery does things about 80% the
> way I would do it myself, so I guess I have to sacrifice the 20% and do
> things the jQuery way. I need to write a blog entry titled "How I Learned To
> Stop Worrying And Love The jQuery"!

The great thing about jQuery is that you don't have to sacrifice. The
plugin architecture makes it very adaptable to different coding styles
and needs.

> I also plan to adapt my table sort/filter/autofiler/page/stripe/etc
> functions into a plugin. The existing table sorter seems to do the job, but
> I like to have all my table functionality in one place, and I think I handle
> it a little faster and more robustly in my code, so look for that at some
> point if you're interested.

I'd love to see it.

> I've found a version of a "Cheat Sheet" but it's not nearly as cool as the
> latest Prototype cheat sheet. I was hoping to find a cool color printable
> sheet to hang on my wall as a reference. The API is great, but a bit too
> long-winded to hang on a wall ;)

Send me the link to the PT one and we'll see what we can do. A cheat
sheet is on the task list but as with everything, finding the time to
get it all done is tough.

Rey...