On 11/01/2007, at 7:56 AM, Rey Bango wrote:
> Please keep sending links as we want to have a nice list of
> jQuery-powered sites for the jQuery web site.
>
> Thanks,
> Rey...

Hey Rey,

I have just finished a web site for Preshil School here in Australia:
http://www.preshil.vic.edu.au/

Using jQuery for:

- Thickbox plugin

- animating the reveal of the intro on the home page (disabled for
IE<=6 due to content suddenly disappearing after slideDown. Didn't
happen with jQuery 1.0.4. and I didn't manage to solve it for 1.1.1
before my deadline.

- home-brewed basic slideshow in home page intro. I found that IE
(all) did not like scaling the images (as it scales and fades in FF,
Safari, etc.) so the images merely fade between each other in those
browsers. No biggy.

- scroll animated in-page navigation links. I think I ripped out the
scroll stuff from Interface and compressed it into a standalone
module and have been using that quite a bit. I can't remember where
the inspiration to do that came from but possibly from someone on
this list so thank you whoever you are.

- table striping. Such a simple thing yet it saves so much time to do
this with JavaScript when it comes to updating the tables.

- A bug fix for IE(all) which has me baffled, whereby elements are
rendered way too high on the page (eg. footer appears halfway up the
page, overlapping other elements) but $elem.html( $elem.html() )
seems to force IE to render it correctly. Does anyone have any
insight on this issue? I have experienced it a couple of times
recently and have had to resort to this JavaScript trick to solve it.

Thanks Rey. Please let me know if you already have plenty of these
types of sites for your needs, and I'll stop posting them ;)

Cheers
Joel.