Thanks, Blair. Your solution works 'perfectly'. Only problem is it doesn't
select orphan nodes at the beginning and end of the string, i.e: in
selected.

Any idea how I can work around this?

Abel.

On 2/20/07, Blair Mitchelmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm not sure if this would work at all and I'm not sure of the syntax
for the function usage of filter but I think it'd work like this
(theoretically):

$(whatevah).filter(function() {
    return this.nodeType && this.nodeType == 3; // nodeType of 3 is a
Text node.
});

I have no idea if this works but it's the only thing I could think of.
Hope it helps.

-blair