Hello,
  I am using slideUp and slideDown, with each attached to a radio button via
click(). Here is the code:
    $(document).ready(function() {
                        // Attach hide/show functions:
                        $("#user_type_super_x").click(function() {
                                $("#permision_block").slideUp(1);
                        });
                        $("#user_type_user_x").click(function() {
                                $("#permision_block").slideDown(1);

  After I click on the first radio button and "slideUp" the content, if I
click on the same button again, the content appears and then slidesUp again.

  If the content is already hidden, shouldn't it by default not be possible
to make it appear again (however briefly) by repeated applications of the
slideUp function?

  The same is true for slideDown. After sliding down the content, I can make
it slideDown repeatedly.

  Should I check the height or transparency first before permitting
slideUp/slideDown to fire?

  Thanks,
      Christopher.